Watch the International Jazz Day 2018 Concerts
from St. Petersburg and New Orleans
Watch the 2018 International Jazz Day All-Star Global Concert from Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watch the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans Concert
International Jazz Day 2017 from Cuba on PBSTo launch International Jazz Day Weekend 2018, PBS aired a very special broadcast of International Jazz Day 2017 from Havana, Cuba. The special, hosted by Will Smith and Quincy Jones, aired on Friday, April 27 on PBS stations across the country. The phenomenal concert, live from the historic Gran Teatro de La Habana Alicia Alonso, features performances by an all-star group of musicians from Cuba and around the world including Herbie Hancock, Marcus Miller, Esperanza Spalding, Chucho Valdes and more than 50 world-renowned artists. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full program on PBS Online.
2018 International Jazz DayThe 2018 All-Star Global Concert took place at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Russia and was webcast on JazzDay.com and Facebook on Monday, April 30. Nearly three dozen acclaimed artists representing 14 countries participated, including UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock, Igor Butman, Musical Director John Beasley, Till Brönner, Terri Lyne Carrington, Joey DeFrancesco, Fatoumata Diawara, Kurt Elling, Antonio Faraò, Robert Glasper, Gilad Hekselman, Horacio Hernandez, The Manhattan Transfer, Branford Marsalis, Moscow Jazz Orchestra, Danilo Pérez, Dianne Reeves and Lee Ritenour. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
International Jazz Day Salute To New Orleans ConcertOn Sunday, April 22, 2018, UNESCO and the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz hosted the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans, presented by Toyota, featuring an all-star cast of musicians. This special free event paid tribute to the city’s Tricentennial celebration. The show was webcast on Monday, April 30. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
Shon Campbell, an aid worker with the United Nations Development Programme in Yangon, organized Myanmar’s first International Jazz Day celebration in 2013, putting together a small concert in a matter of days. Since then, she has grown the event, which in 2017 reached an audience of 1,100 people, to include international jazz musicians and renowned jazz educators for a full day of music, workshops, and entertainment. In 2014, Campbell expressed a hope that International Jazz Day in Myanmar might "give others a window into the talents of some of Myanmar's musicians, and especially…allow more of them to work full time on their music." Thanks to her incredible work, both of these goals have grown closer to fulfillment.Read More
Happy International Jazz Day From The 2018 Global All-Stars
- Annie Whitehead with Interplay The Restaurant In The Park, Leamington Spa (United Kingdom)
- Gulf Jazz Festival in Bahrain La Fontaine Centre of Contemporary Art, Manama (Bahrain)
- BARLEY CARGO – Tuning Sessions Special Edition: International #JazzDay 2018 Barley Cargo, Athens (Greece)
- Amazonas Jazz Day Teatro Amazonas, Manaus (Brazil)
- The Steve Holt Jazz Quartet featuring Kevin Goss The Natural, Warkworth (Canada)
- CHRIS POTTER QUARTET Xavier University Jazz Series, Cincinnati (United States)
- International Jazz Day – Piano Solo com Evan Megaro (EUA) Café com Letras Liberdade, Belo Horizonte (Brazil)
- Concierto Fondo Pro-Becas Axentus 2018 Ex-Hotel Riviera del Pacifico, Ensenada (Mexico)
- Open Swing Lab Na Cosetta, Roma (Italy)
- JazzDay – Stip Pt.1 Univerzitetski Restoran, Stip (Macedonia)