Watch the International Jazz Day 2018 Concerts
from St. Petersburg and New Orleans
Watch the 2018 International Jazz Day All-Star Global Concert from Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watch the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans Concert
International Jazz Day 2017 from Cuba on PBSTo launch International Jazz Day Weekend 2018, PBS aired a very special broadcast of International Jazz Day 2017 from Havana, Cuba. The special, hosted by Will Smith and Quincy Jones, aired on Friday, April 27 on PBS stations across the country. The phenomenal concert, live from the historic Gran Teatro de La Habana Alicia Alonso, features performances by an all-star group of musicians from Cuba and around the world including Herbie Hancock, Marcus Miller, Esperanza Spalding, Chucho Valdes and more than 50 world-renowned artists. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full program on PBS Online.
2018 International Jazz DayThe 2018 All-Star Global Concert took place at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Russia and was webcast on JazzDay.com and Facebook on Monday, April 30. Nearly three dozen acclaimed artists representing 14 countries participated, including UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock, Igor Butman, Musical Director John Beasley, Till Brönner, Terri Lyne Carrington, Joey DeFrancesco, Fatoumata Diawara, Kurt Elling, Antonio Faraò, Robert Glasper, Gilad Hekselman, Horacio Hernandez, The Manhattan Transfer, Branford Marsalis, Moscow Jazz Orchestra, Danilo Pérez, Dianne Reeves and Lee Ritenour. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
International Jazz Day Salute To New Orleans ConcertOn Sunday, April 22, 2018, UNESCO and the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz hosted the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans, presented by Toyota, featuring an all-star cast of musicians. This special free event paid tribute to the city’s Tricentennial celebration. The show was webcast on Monday, April 30. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
Constant Boty is an established West African musician, specializing in a mix of West African folkloric music, European classical, jazz and electronics. He is also an experienced music educator who teaches guitar and tribal drumming. Boty has participated in International Jazz Day since 2014, when he collaborated with the UNESCO Accra Office while living in Ghana. In 2018, Boty will again apply his experience as an organizer by producing a concert in his home country of Cote d’Ivoire, with a special focus on celebrating Zaouli, the popular music and dance of Boty’s community and a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.Read More
Happy International Jazz Day From The 2018 Global All-Stars
- Moonlight Jazz BSB LAGO SUL, Brasília (Brazil)
- International Jazz Day at Comeet Comeet Creative Space, Heraklion (Greece)
- International Jazz Day Champagne Brunch at Satin Doll Satin Doll (Roppongi), Minato-ku (Japan)
- Visitarte São Mateus São Mateus, Madalena (Portugal)
- Leo vera band celebramos el día del jazz tucuman San Miguel de Tucumán, San Miguel (Argentina)
- Heritage Private School celebrates UNESCO International Jazz Day The Heritage Private School, Limassol (Cyprus)
- 2nd Leuca (Finibus Terrae) Jazz Day Celebration 2018 Torre di Salignano, Salignano (Italy)
- Wine & Jazz Wednesdays! Main Street Tavern BA, Broken Arrow (United States)
- The Voices of Jazz Apollo Civic Theatre, Martinsburg (United States)
- Día internacional del Jazz – Cochabamba Jazz Stop, Cochabamba (Bolivia)