Watch the International Jazz Day 2018 Concerts
from St. Petersburg and New Orleans
Watch the 2018 International Jazz Day All-Star Global Concert from Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watch the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans Concert
International Jazz Day 2017 from Cuba on PBSTo launch International Jazz Day Weekend 2018, PBS aired a very special broadcast of International Jazz Day 2017 from Havana, Cuba. The special, hosted by Will Smith and Quincy Jones, aired on Friday, April 27 on PBS stations across the country. The phenomenal concert, live from the historic Gran Teatro de La Habana Alicia Alonso, features performances by an all-star group of musicians from Cuba and around the world including Herbie Hancock, Marcus Miller, Esperanza Spalding, Chucho Valdes and more than 50 world-renowned artists. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full program on PBS Online.
2018 International Jazz DayThe 2018 All-Star Global Concert took place at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Russia and was webcast on JazzDay.com and Facebook on Monday, April 30. Nearly three dozen acclaimed artists representing 14 countries participated, including UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock, Igor Butman, Musical Director John Beasley, Till Brönner, Terri Lyne Carrington, Joey DeFrancesco, Fatoumata Diawara, Kurt Elling, Antonio Faraò, Robert Glasper, Gilad Hekselman, Horacio Hernandez, The Manhattan Transfer, Branford Marsalis, Moscow Jazz Orchestra, Danilo Pérez, Dianne Reeves and Lee Ritenour. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
International Jazz Day Salute To New Orleans ConcertOn Sunday, April 22, 2018, UNESCO and the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz hosted the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans, presented by Toyota, featuring an all-star cast of musicians. This special free event paid tribute to the city’s Tricentennial celebration. The show was webcast on Monday, April 30. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
Syrian musician, festival creator and cultural entrepreneur Hannibal Saad believes that jazz is a language with no boundaries. This belief stems from his more than 18 years of experience organizing festivals and projects using music from the East and West as a platform for cultural exchange. His first such initiative, Jazz Lives in Syria, which launched in 2004, brought together Syrian and international musicians for seven annual festivals that were the largest musical events in Syria.Read More
Happy International Jazz Day From The 2018 Global All-Stars
- Swing to Fusion! Talk Talk Wine Bar & Lounge, Georgetown (Malaysia)
- 2nd Edition International Jazz Day Hotel Villa Therese, PETION-VILLE (Haiti)
- Monte Vista Jazz Festival West High School Theatre, Tracy (United States)
- International Jazz Day Celebrations Starbucks Five Ways, Birmingham (United Kingdom)
- Granada celebra el Jazz Nota de Historia, Granada (Spain)
- Día Internacional de Jazz Fundación Teatro Libre, Bogotá (Colombia)
- SKI Jam SKI Academy School, Saint Kitts and Nevis (Saint Kitts and Nevis)
- JAZZALAO Russian Circus, VIENTIANE (Laos)
- Canal Street Jazz Band "50 Aniversario" Bogui Jazz, Madrid (Spain)
- ANS Jazz Workshop American Nicaraguan School, Managua (Nicaragua)