Watch the International Jazz Day 2018 Concerts
from St. Petersburg and New Orleans
Watch the 2018 International Jazz Day All-Star Global Concert from Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watch the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans Concert
International Jazz Day 2017 from Cuba on PBSTo launch International Jazz Day Weekend 2018, PBS aired a very special broadcast of International Jazz Day 2017 from Havana, Cuba. The special, hosted by Will Smith and Quincy Jones, aired on Friday, April 27 on PBS stations across the country. The phenomenal concert, live from the historic Gran Teatro de La Habana Alicia Alonso, features performances by an all-star group of musicians from Cuba and around the world including Herbie Hancock, Marcus Miller, Esperanza Spalding, Chucho Valdes and more than 50 world-renowned artists. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full program on PBS Online.
2018 International Jazz DayThe 2018 All-Star Global Concert took place at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Russia and was webcast on JazzDay.com and Facebook on Monday, April 30. Nearly three dozen acclaimed artists representing 14 countries participated, including UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock, Igor Butman, Musical Director John Beasley, Till Brönner, Terri Lyne Carrington, Joey DeFrancesco, Fatoumata Diawara, Kurt Elling, Antonio Faraò, Robert Glasper, Gilad Hekselman, Horacio Hernandez, The Manhattan Transfer, Branford Marsalis, Moscow Jazz Orchestra, Danilo Pérez, Dianne Reeves and Lee Ritenour. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
International Jazz Day Salute To New Orleans ConcertOn Sunday, April 22, 2018, UNESCO and the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz hosted the International Jazz Day Salute to New Orleans, presented by Toyota, featuring an all-star cast of musicians. This special free event paid tribute to the city’s Tricentennial celebration. The show was webcast on Monday, April 30. Made possible through the generous support of Toyota. View the full webcast on YouTube.
Ramin Sadighi founded Hermes Records in 1999 as an outlet for independent Persian music. The label has been classified as jazz, contemporary, traditional, and fusion, among other genres, and features popular Iranian artists including Alireza Mashayekhi, Quartet Diminished, Peyman Yazdanian and Hossein Alizadeh. Sadighi has organized International Jazz Day events for the past three years with one of his label’s celebrated acts, the Diminished Quartet, known for its wide range of styles from traditional Persian folk to experimental improvisation.Read More
Happy International Jazz Day From The 2018 Global All-Stars
- ENERGY 100 FM CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL JAZZ DAY SICILIA RISTORANTE, Windhoek (Namibia)
- SCHNTZL, DE BEREN GIEREN & SONS OF KEMET @ VOLTA Beursschouwburg, Brussels (Belgium)
- Día Internacional del Jazz en Ensenada La Tarima Coffee&Music, Ensenada (Mexico)
- LADA Jazz Jam Togliatti Philharmonic Hall, Tolyatti (Russia)
- 24 hour Jazz Marathon on Ness Radio International Jazz Day on Ness Radio, Marrakech (Morocco)
- Gulf Jazz Festival in Dubai Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate, Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- Sicilian In Jazz & International Jazz Day Siracusa 2018 Teatro Comunale, Siracusa (Italy)
- Jam Gispy Jazz au bar parallèle Guillaume Lepoutre Trio, Uccle (Belgium)
- Día Internacional del Jazz 2018 en el Zinco Jazz Club Zinco Jazz Club, Ciudad de México (Mexico)
- Satchmo in the Studio Museum of the City of New York, New York (United States)